MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I am a Front Desk Clerk..

I am a Front Desk Clerk..
 
I have advanced degrees in accounting, public relations, marketing, business, computer sciences, civil engineering and Swahili.
 
Of course, I have the reservation you booked six years ago, even though you don't have your confirmation number, and you think it was made under a second cousin's husband's last name that you can't remember.
 
It is not a problem for me to give you seven connecting non-smoking pool side downstairs outside suites with two king size beds each, three rollaways and eight extra pillows. And yes; right away I would be happy to install a wet bar in each room and stock them at no charge. I know it's my fault we don't have a helicopter pad.
 
I am a front desk clerk. I am expected to speak all languages. It is obvious to me that when you booked your reservation for Friday, you actually meant Saturday.
 
My company has entrusted me with all financial information and decisions, and yes, I can tell you why your bill from March 1992 contained a $25.00 phone charge -- because obviously, you never paid for your phone charges.
 
Of course I remember that when you were here four years ago we accidentally charged you for a 72 cent long distance call you hadn't made and will make sure it doesn't happen again. And on that reservation you cancelled for the last week with the person you can't remember their name nor gender. I will simply credit your account because you are such an honest person.
 
Yes, I am lying to you when I say we have no rooms available. It is not a problem for me to quickly construct several more guest rooms so we can accommodate you and this time I will include a helipad.
 
 I am a front desk clerk. I am quite capable of checking three people out, taking five reservations, answering eight incoming calls and plunging the toilet in room 221 …. all at the same time!
 
I always know where to find the best vegetarian, kosher, Mongolian barbecue restaurants. I know exactly what to see and do in the city in fifteen minutes without spending any money. I take personal blame for airline food and delays, traffic jams, rental car flat tires and the national debt.
 
Yes I will be happy to cash your Japanese travelers checque for 10,000 yen into Canadian currency.Even though it is Sunday morning, I am constantly aware of the exchange rate for all the world's currencies, after all, I am a front desk clerk.
 
I'm Sorry I should have realized that you meant to book your reservation here. People often confuse us with the Galaxy Delight Motel of Antartica and that you are entitled to the special five dollar discount because you're a member of the Accounting and Bagel Club of North America.
 
Of course, I can "fit you in" and yes, you may have the special $1.00 rate because you are affiliated with the Hoboken Accounting and Bagel Club.
 
We are expected to smile, empathize, sympathize, console, cajole, upsell, downsell, (and know the difference), perform, sing, dance and fix the computer, printers and copiers. (all at the same time).
 
I am a Front Desk Clerk: I do all things … and will do my best to try to look busy when management is around.



No comments:

Post a Comment